Prevention programs include services to prevent substance use disorders, reduce HIV exposure, help older adults improve quality of life, and provide resources to help improve parent parenting skills.
Available services include:
- SUD Prevention: Several forums and educational events are held throughout the year to educate the community on the risks of substance use and methods to prevent it. Check our calendar of events for upcoming activities.
- Strengthening Families Program (SFP): AWBS hosts the Strengthen Families Programs several times a year in partnership with several local schools. SFP is an evidence-based family skills training program which significantly improves parenting skills and family relationships; reduces problem behaviors, delinquency, and alcohol and drug abuse in children; and improves social competencies and school performance.
- HIV Prevention Services: AWBS distributes barriers and STI educational materials at community events throughout Wayne County and provides rapid HIV & Hepatitis C testing.
- Hepatitis A & B Vaccinations: AWBS is one of the leading organizations combating the Hepatitis A crisis in Southeast Michigan. AWBS offers Hepatitis A & B vaccinations to individuals eighteen years of age and older.
- Physical Enrichment for Older Adults
Detroit, MI 48214
Phone: (313) 347-2070
Hours: M - F | 8:30 am to 4:30 pm